Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Favorite Recipes From Mom's Kitchen

Growing up my Mom, who most people know as Berta, was always baking for someone. Not that she did not bake for us but, I remember asking, "When are you going to make something for our house".  She makes the best pies, cakes and desserts ever!!!!!!! So, here I am going to share some of our favorite recipes of hers. Hope you will try some of them. Thanks Mom!!! Love ya!!


Lemon Pecan Pie
3 eggs
1/3 c melted butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c pecan pieces
1 tsp pure lemon extract
4 Tbls lemon juice (Minute Maid or fresh)


Beat all except pecans
Stir in pecans
Pour into 9" unbaked pie shell
Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes
Reduce oven to 300
Bake an additional 45 to 50 minutes


**top will be golden


This is a family favorite!!  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...