Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vintage Costume Inspiration

Ok, so dressing up for Halloween has not really been something that I have ever looked forward to.  However, I do enjoy seeing all of the costumes...well, most of them anyway.  Of course, I love looking at the vintage pics of old costumes and decorations.  I found some very creative vintage costume inspiration. 

vintage halloween costumes 13
These are "fancy" costumes from the 1920's

Think I could pull this off pretty easily

vintage halloween costumes 2
These little indains from the 1800's are too cute.

vintage halloween costumes 4
This clown from 1905 is a little spooky

vintage halloween costumes 8
vintage halloween costumes 11

vintage halloween costumes 12
I am sure this group of friends pulled a few pranks back in the day.

vintage halloween costumes 19
Too cute!!  1930's Argentina

vintage halloween costumes 22
These Trick or Treaters in 1939 took the cute right out of the Three Little Pig's
Maybe they should have stuck to three


vintage halloween costumes 24
LOVE this picture from a Halloween Party in 1948

vintage halloween costumes 25
Loving the Space Suit's back in 1948

vintage halloween costumes 33
1954 Superman!!

vintage halloween costumes 35
Now, this is one of my Favorite Scary Witches from 1956
Love how she is bent over and "playing the part"


Not sure but Great Creativity!
You can see many more of these old pics @ http://www.wackyowl.com/creepy-vintage-halloween-costumes-1800-1959/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...